The most important updates in iOS 16 and Android 13
At this time every year, we are used to receiving important updates in the operating systems of our iOS and Android smartphones.
The annual date has come for Apple and Google to announce new updates in their operating systems for iPhone and Android phones. So, soon, the operating system of the two companies' agents will undergo changes in terms of design and add new features, as we will have new things to learn, according to the New York Times.
What are the latest operating systems ?
On June 6, Apple announced the release of iOS 16, the next version of the iPhone operating system, which includes new features such as a new lock screen design and a feature to modify text messages.
Last month, Google also unveiled a version of Android 13, which includes an easy-to-use wallet app for storing bank cards and important documents such as vaccination records. The two companies also stated that they have worked to improve the text messaging applications of both platforms.
It is common for the new iOS and Android operating systems to arrive on smartphones as free updates this fall.
Apple and Google often support these software updates with a lot of promises, but the truth is that many changes, especially the ability to modify texts in retrospect, are fundamental improvements that should have happened a long time ago.
What are the most important updates ?
Update the lock screen on the iPhone
- Apple revealed a new update that allows users to modify the lock screen and said that it is in the process of modifying the first thing its customers see when they use their iPhone: the lock screen.
- In the past, the user could only change the photos on the lock screen, but with the release of iOS 16, iPhone users will be able to customize the lock screen by choosing from many different fonts and colors for the watch, as well as viewing and pinning application shortcuts such as the calendar and fitness tracker on it. .
How will updates in iOS 16 and Android 13 change your phone ?
- These new customizations and updates help users arrange their phones to suit their lifestyle. The new version of the Apple operating system allows iPhone users to set special designs for more than one lock screen that fits different scenarios.
- For example, you could make a work lock screen with a background showing a picture of the building you work in and install a calendar shortcut to remind you when your next meeting is.
- As for your time screen, you can display a picture of your pet and a shortcut to the exercise app. The main idea of this mod is to give people the opportunity to switch between several lock screens that meet their different needs during the day.
- Google copies the Wallet app from Apple. Apple has been offering strong offers for electronic payments for more than five years through its “Wallet” program on iPhone phones, where the program allows people to make purchases using their bank cards and upload important documents such as airline tickets and health data.
- Google, which has faced some difficulties in promoting its mobile payment technology in the market, seized the opportunity last month to improve the payment features of Android 13. Google Pay has suffered for years from outperforming Apple's because few Only Android phone users can understand how to use it.
- Last month, the company changed the name of its digital payment app to Google Wallet, and simplified the technology it uses by creating a shortcut to the Wallet app and displaying it on the lock screen on Android devices. It also plans to expand the program that supports bank cards to also include important documents such as travel cards, cinema cards and certificates of vaccination against Covid-19.
Do the two companies care about enhancing privacy ?
- Software updates today are not complete without major tech companies claiming that they care about users' privacy because they want people to feel safe sharing their personal data, especially after being pursued by European law enforcement. So, it is natural for Apple and Google to offer more features to protect user data in their upcoming operating systems.
- Apple, which has long made it possible for users to provide family members and a romantic partner with permanent access to location data, revealed that it would provide stronger controls for this type of data sharing with close people. Its new Safety Check software feature will allow people to review and deny anyone access to this type of data so that they can protect their data from any offending party.
- In this regard, Google said it would give its users more control over the data it shares with third parties. In the next version of Android, users will be able to give apps access to some photos but not the entire camera store — that is, providing a way to protect against malicious apps masquerading as photo-synthesis software.